Luckily for fans, updates to Animal Crossing: New Horizons have come in droves and fast since its March release, ranging from fun seasonal events to much-needed quality-of-life bug fixes. It can be hard to keep up to date with everything Nintendo is adding to the game, so we've compiled all the update news right here for you!
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you're tasked with maintaining a tropical island and growing a community of cute anthropomorphic villagers. The game takes place in real time and each player has a very different experience from the other. New Horizons is the fifth installment in the main series and has sold over 22 million copies since its release.
Be sure to check back here regularly for all Animal Crossing: New Horizons update news. If you want to keep up to date with all things Nintendo, take a look at our Nintendo Direct Mini coverage, and if you're looking for something new to play, we've got a handy list full of the best Switch strategy games.
HERE'S THE LATEST ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS UPDATE:
Update Ver. 1.5.0
The latest Animal Crossings: New Horizons update brings a spooky Halloween event! This update includes new character customization options, DIY recipes, and some bug fixes. Find the full patch notes below.
- A Halloween event has been added.
- Creepy character customization options will be available
- Villager outfits will change on Halloween night
- Jack, the spooky Halloween czar, will make an appearance!
- Pumpkins and DIY recipes using pumpkins have been added
- You can now choose from a list of previously visited dream islands to travel
- You may prefer already visited dream islands
- The ability to hide items that are not for sale in the Tom Nooks catalog has been added
- Various bug fixes have been implemented to improve the game
Check out the trailer below.